DRAFT Admission Arrangements 2025/26
Admission Arrangements 2024/25
Admission Arrangements 2023/24
Admission Arrangements 2022/23
We are delighted that you are considering Mary Elton Primary School for your child. If you would like to visit the school, we would be happy to show you around so that you can see for yourself all the school has to offer - please contact the School Admin Office to arrange this.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about your child joining us, please feel free to give us a call or email and we will happily answer any questions you may have and take you through the process.
In Year Admissions
All applications for 'In Year' admission to Mary Elton Primary School must be to the school direct. Information regarding applications to the Reception Intake can be found in our admissions policies above.
Admissions Contact: Mrs Karen Grinham | School Business Leader
Tel: 01275 876432
There are 60 places available each year and in the last few years all places have been filled.
The Local Governing Board will discuss your application and you will be informed of this decision within 10 working days.
Offers for places for the reception classes are usually made in the latter part of Term 4. The decision on who is allocated a place is made by North Somerset and the criterion is set out on their website. If you do not get offered a place at this school you do have a right of appeal. This is made to North Somerset who will inform you of the procedures to be followed.
Our aim is to ensure that the admission of our youngest pupils into the school happens as smoothly and happily as possible. We aim to establish, develop, and maintain a close partnership with parents. We strongly recommend that you engage with our induction meetings held over the summer term to make your child's journey into school as smooth as possible.
- We have close links with all our local Early Years settings and provide a variety of opportunities for children and parents to visit before the September start.
- Our reception staff visit the preschools and meet the children.
- Evening meetings for parents in May/June re-schools bring children to school in May/June.
- In June/July, parents are invited with their children to join us for activities and to meet other children and parents.
- In November, we organise a Parents bacon butty morning on a Saturday so that working parents can see what the children have been doing!