EYFS Induction 2023-2024
Welcome to Mary Elton Primary School! We are delighted that you have chosen our school for your child. We are looking forward to working with you and your family to ensure a successful start to your child's education. Our vision is Achievement by Caring and we aim to work with you to ensure that your child has a positive and happy experience with us.
Please be reassured that your child is at the heart of all we do. We have a very strong connection to the local nurseries and pre-schools and they actively support us in making the transition into school go smoothly. We are already in touch with them and making plans to meet your child in their current setting.
Our Welcome Evening will be hosted in the school Hall on Thursday 22nd June at 6pm. Please do come along to meet the staff and find out more about how to support your child in getting ready for school in September.
Please find below some information to support you and your child on their journey to starting school. Enjoy this time with your child and take it as an opportunity to practise some skills in preparation for school.
You might like to:
- Read plenty of picture books and practise sitting still and listening carefully
- Follow simple instructions and rules through playing games, box games or team games outside
- Learn new songs to sing and dance to
- Let your child do things for themselves independently for example - dress themselves, tidy up, go to the toilet and wash hands
- Give them a responsibility such as - picking up the post, putting out recycling or watering the flowers
We look forward to seeing you very soon. Meanwhile, if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate in contacting our School Admin Team on 01275 876432 or by e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BBC Bitesize have created a page with various information, guides, activities and games for those starting Primary School - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/collections/starting-primary-school/1